Thursday, August 22, 2013

First Presentation!!

 My very first presentation for Principle Of Design and I was freaking nervous!! I had to present my self-potrait which is in A3 size infront of my lecturer and classmate.The art movement which i had chosen within all the art movements is Realism. What I do know about Realism is that Realism emerged in France in1848 but lasted till 1880 and what you had draw is really do exist, can see it in our daily life and reality of the world without idealize it or beautify it. It is just something like taking a picture by a camera. I like the natural beauty which god has created, the truth and 'picture says everything'. This is the reason of why i choose Realism as my art movement. However, the Realism art abandoned and the photography has invented. So here's my half face self-portrait which i had used about 1 day to finished it.
 
  I selected this picture and draw it as my self-portrait because I always feel that when we closed our eyes, we managed to think and flash-back about past which would probably do happen before or it is just imagining, we still put a smile or laugh crazily for it. Therefore, I drawn it out a half face of mine with a closed eye and had a smile on my face.


Basically, this self-portrait was combined with 8 different gradient pencils.
  • 2H, B, 3B, 4B, 5B, 6B, 6H, 7B pencils.
I used my fingers to blend the portrait so it could be more natural. Although my self-portrait not really 100%  same or real from picture, I do enjoy drawing it and this was my first time draw myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment